Meet L.A.’s Most Trusted TMJ Expert
With over thirty years dedicated to treating Temporomandibular joint disorder/dysfunction (TMJ) and advancing research in this field, L.A.’s Dr. Eddie Siman has established himself as much more than your ordinary TMJ doctor, cosmetic dentist or implantologist. Many oral surgeons, ENT’s, chiropractors, other cosmetic dentists and self-proclaimed TMJ specialists fail in getting to the root of pain, discouraging and deterring most, if not all, TMJ patients.
Some prolong the nagging pain and detrimental effects of the disorder by endlessly prescribing pain medications, Botox injections or chiropractic adjustments that offer only short-term relief for TMJ symptoms but never treat the underlying cause. Needless to say, Dr. Siman is an anomaly within the profession.
As a true expert in TMJ, Dr. Siman believes in actually curing people and helping them seek permanent relief, not by medication or invasive surgery, but through holistic care and expert treatment.
Dr. Siman is one of the few TMJ doctors, let alone dentists, whose office is equipped with an in-house CT scan alongside other high-tech equipment at his disposal. With this technology, Dr. Siman provides a proper and certain diagnosis for his patients, which allows him the freedom to customize treatment and therapy to the severity of their condition.
Having established himself as one of the most sought-after cosmetic dentists in Southern California, Dr. Siman’s first insight into the damage caused by TMJ came three decades ago when he noticed patients returning with damage to the cosmetic dental work he had completed for them. These patients were showing unexpected damage to their beautifully placed cosmetic dental work, dental implants and grinding wear to opposing teeth. Interestingly, these patients also reported seemingly unrelated symptoms such as ringing in the ears, neck, shoulder and back pain. Synthesizing all this data, Dr. Siman grasped the jaw and body connection. The issue was not the cosmetic work itself, but something more subtle and insidious — an unbalanced bite — TMJ.
A natural problem-solver, Dr. Siman took it upon himself to get to the source and underlying cause of his patients’ painful symptoms. Through years of intensive research and on-going study, Dr. Siman determined that pain associated with one’s jaw, teeth, face and even shoulder and neck was often tied to damage to, or malformation of, the Temporomandibular joint. Most people wouldn’t think to connect their snoring problems or shoulder pain to the region between the jaw and ear, but Dr. Siman believed that TMJ was often the root of these seemingly unrelated issues. Now, having successfully diagnosed and treated thousands of TMJ patients, Dr. Siman’s initial insights have been validated.
With countless testimonies attesting to the TMJ expert’s outside-of-the-box approach to diagnosis and non-surgical treatment, it is evident why so many patients are choosing Dr. Siman to cure their clicking jaw, ringing ears and pounding migraine headaches among numerous other TMJ symptoms.
Though TMJ is his niche, Dr. Siman’s experience and devotion to learning — always coupled with his natural artistic abilities — inform his approach to the field of cosmetic dentistry and implantology. By first addressing and treating patients’ TMJ, Dr. Siman can completely and permanently restore balanced bites and happy smiles.
From holistic TMJ treatments to dental implants, call our office today to set up a consultation appointment, and Dr. Siman will have you smiling confidently, comfortably and pain-free in no time.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Graduate of UCLA
- Graduated with doctorate degree from the University of the Pacific (San Francisco)
- Accomplished member of the International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics (ICCMO)
- American Academy of CranioFacial Pain (AACP)
- Graduate of the Center for Advanced Occlusal Studies, where he completed a residency program in the diagnosis and management of TMD
- Was trained in placement and restoration of dental implants at the Malo Clinic in Lisbon, Portugal, by Dr. Paulo Malo, world renowned inventor of the All on 4® technique, and has mastered the surgical and prosthodontics elements of the All on 4® technique
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Completed a residency program in IV sedation at the University of Southern California (USC)
- Active member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) where he received extensive training in smile design and the psychology of smiles
- Completed an extensive curriculum at the LV Institue for Advanced Dental Studies in neuromuscular and modern TMJ diagnosis and treatments; advanced cosmetic dentistry and smile design; and full mouth reconstruction with emphasis on optimum patient comfort